Live updates for Iowa football during the 2021 Early Signing Day period. Which recruits have signed with the Hawkeyes?
Early signing day is finally here. The Iowa football team is on track to have their best recruiting class of the internet recruiting era. Combined with another stellar season under head coach Kirk Ferentz in 2020, the Hawkeyes appear set for both the present and future.
Entering Wednesday, Iowa had 17 hard commits, per 247 Sports. The average rating of those commits was 0.8803. Last year, the average rating for the Hawkeyes’ entire recruiting class was 0.8644.
Throughout the entire early signing day period, we’ll be tracking all of Iowa football’s signees, followed by some interesting observations.
Players who have signed their letter of intent, with 247 Sports’ star rating:
Connor Colby, OG (Cedar Rapids, IA) – ★★★★
Justice Sullivan, LB (Eden Prairie, MN) – ★★★★
Beau Stephens, OT (Blue Springs, MO) – ★★★★
David Davidkov, OT (Winnetka, IL) – ★★★★
Cooper DeJean, S (Ida Grove, IA) – ★★★★
Keagan Johnson, WR (Bellevue, NE) – ★★★★
Max Llewellyn, DE (Urbandale, IA) – ★★★
Jeffrey Bowie, DE (West Branch, IA) – ★★★
Jeremiah Pittman, DT (Arlington Heights, IL) – ★★★
Zach Twedt, LB (Story City, IA) – ★★★
Jaden Harrell, LB (Urbandale, IA) – ★★★
Karson Sharar, ATH (Iowa Falls, IA) – ★★★
Brody Brecht, WR (Ankeny, IA) – ★★★
Gennings Dunker, OG (Lena, IL) – ★★★
Arland Bruce IV, ATH (Ankeny, IA) – ★★★
Griffin Liddle, DT (Bettendorf, IA) – ★★★
Joey Labas, QB (Broadview Heights, OH) – ★★★
- Iowa has signed all 17 of their hard commits from the 2021 class
- None of Iowa’s early signees are less than a 3-star recruit
- Iowa has six 4-star recruits,
- The Hawkeyes’ recruiting class ranks 22nd nationally by 247 Sports as of 11:00 am CT
- Offensive tackle David Davidkov (6-6, 295) is the Hawkeyes’ highest-rated signee (.9356). He could realistically step in and contribute as a true freshman in 2021
- Offensive guard Connor Colby, Iowa’s second-highest rated recruit (.9144) is another prized signee. The 4-star recruit had offers from Ohio State and Michigan, among others
- Justice Sullivan is the Hawkeyes’ highest-rated defensive signee (.9040). Sullivan could develop as either a linebacker or defensive end
- Cooper DeJean, who projects as a safety, might be the Hawkeyes’ most athletic signee