The 2019 Big Ten Media Day is this week, and we have a few questions we would like answered from the Iowa football team attendees.
Big Ten Media Day basically kicks off the start of the next football season. The few weeks before that is essentially a dead period where not much is going on, and this is one of the first times we will hear from members of the Iowa football team in a few months.
At Big Ten Media Day will be head coach Kirk Ferentz, senior quarterback Nate Stanley, junior running back Toren Young, and defensive back Michael Ojemudia. Although a few folks were disappointed that the three possible 2020 first round picks were not included, I am excited to hear from each of these guys.
Here are the questions I would love to hear answered by each player and Kirk Ferentz.
- What have you done this offseason to improve and get ready for your senior season?
- Mostly here, I just want to get an idea if he has done any work to improve his accuracy.
- What have you seen from Oliver Martin since his arrival?
- Do you feel comfortable with the new flock of tight ends?
- Do you think you could carry the full load in 2019?
- Are you comfortable playing the 1-2 power punch with either Mekhi Sargent or Ivory Kelly-Martin?
- Do you expect the run game to improve in 2019?
- Where are you expecting to play this season?
- I want to know if Ojemudia is the frontrunner for the “cash” position or not.
- What do you sense will be some differences we will see from the defense this season?
- I’m curious to see how serious some of these experimentations are with different defensive alignments are.
- Any word on Oliver Martin? Will he possibly be eligible this season?
- Will we continue to see the evolution of Kirk into a gambling man?
- Who’s been the biggest surprise so far heading into 2019?
- What is left with the 2020 recruiting class?
- What are your expectations coming into this season?
- Who’s currently in the lead of these position battles?
- 2nd string quarterback
- Free Safety
- Thoughts on the transfer portal? You were more active this offseason than usual.
- How do you anticipate replacing the production of your two first-round tight ends?
Hopefully, we can get the answer to the questions above and more when the 2019 Big Ten Media Days begin.
Big Ten Media Days begin Thursday, July 18th and continue on through Friday, July 20th.